The Orange County Board of Supervisors welcomes your comments.
To share your comments at a Board of Supervisors meeting, follow the steps below:
- Check the calendar of Board of Supervisors meetings here.
- Get directions to the Hall of Administration here, where Board of Supervisors meetings are held.
- Park in one of the available lots in the Orange County Civic Center area, posted here.
- Enter the Hall of Administration building and proceed to the Board Hearing Room on the first floor.
- You will go through a security screening that includes a metal detector.
- You will need to dispose of any liquids before entering the Board Hearing Room.
- Take a speaker request form located by the agendas in the Board Hearing Room, and fill it out.
- Deposit your completed form in the box adjacent to the podium prior to the beginning of the Consent Calendar, the reading of the individual agenda items, the opening of the public hearing and/or the beginning of Public Comments.
- Each member of the public may address the Board on up to three occasions during each regular or special meeting. Three minutes are allowed per occasion, unless otherwise indicated by the Clerk.
- When you are called to speak, please step up to the podium. Please clearly state your name and city of residence for the record.
- Please note the light on the podium. The colored lights on the podium indicate:
- Green – Your time has begun; you are limited to three minutes (unless different time limits are set by the Chair).
- Yellow – You have one minute to summarize your comments.
- Red – Your time is up.
- Please address your comments to the Board as a whole. Comments to individual supervisors or staff are not permitted.
- Keep your comments brief, to the point, and do not repeat prior testimony so all persons who wish to speak have an opportunity to do so.
- If you have documents for the Board, please bring 10 copies and hand them to the Clerk of the Board staff when you approach the podium. Power Point and video presentations must be arranged in advance of the meeting by contacting the Clerk of the Board at 714-834-2206.
- If you have special needs, the Clerk of the Board can assist you. If you have questions or to make requests for accommodation, please call the Board Services Division 72 hours prior to the meeting at 714-834-2206.